5 Reasons Why I'm a Rodan + Fields Consultant 

My Boy
I started my career as a producer back in 1998 and I love it. I love the creative process, being part of a crew, that feels like family for that week on show site. Everything about it scratches my theatre itch. What I don't love is that I have to get on a plane to produce a show.  When I became a mom leaving to go to show site got harder and harder as he gets older. Yes, I always come back but the tears and the "When are you going to get another job, Mom?" questions just break my heart.  

Time Freedom 
At the end of the summer this year (2016) the production company I was working for needed to make a change in how they paid me. I had spent the last 2 years working from home as a salaried employee. Now I needed change to contractor status or find another full - time salaried position.  The thought of going back to an office was extremely distasteful to me.  Some people love it, but I absolutely LOVE working from home. I'm pretty disciplined about it, too.  My fiancee however, does NOT like the idea of contract work. The irregular income aspect makes him twitch... I needed a way to create income that was absolutely within my control not predicated on when the shows were or if the meeting planner still liked me.

Michelle and Me
So I reached out to my R+F consultant, Michelle, who was also my colleague in the previous production company. She worked on a contract bases for the production company and she did R+F on the side. I was curious. Was she making any money? (That's the thought we all have, right?) She answered my questions, pointed me to the income disclosure document online and asked what my goals were. I told her I wanted to replace half of my show biz income. Tall order. She told me that was possible but I would have to really put my head down and work my tail off.  

Solid Company
I did some research and learned that R+F has been hitting 90-100% of plan year over year. They brought in a new CEO and a new CTO recently. They received recognition from the Direct Selling Association for the Lead the Way program.   While I was deliberating, Clark Howard reported that morning that a direct selling organization that focused only on recruitment was not a good company to join. Right after that report, I learned that  60% of the consultant's revenue comes from actual product sales. (Coincidence?)

Quality Products
I already loved the products. I had a bunch of sun damage from growing up in Florida and living on a sailboat.  I used REVERSE and noticed my complexion getting brighter and brighter as the days went by.  Some of my dark marks were getting actually getting smaller and my freckles were fading.  The Multifunction eye cream was diminishing the appearance of fine lines. The lip renewing serum was slowly working on the appearance of wrinkles around my mouth.  I knew the product worked. I had the experience. 

What I didn't know was if I could get past my own prejudices and stereotypes around direct selling. 

Could open my mind to the fact that direct selling is a respected career?  

Could I be vulnerable enough to ask for help from my friends while also having the emotional fortitude to accept no as their answer? 


Culture
It took a month, and I still wrestle with the "no," especially from my friends.  But I'm beginning to see that direct selling is a real job and that R+F is exceptional in this field.  The culture that the other consultants have created is permeated with gratitude, faith and genuine desire to help others. It is like no other corporate culture I've witnessed  - and being in event production working for a lot of different corporations, I've witnessed a lot! 


Changing Lives
I heard a woman share that she used her R+F proceeds to fund a foundation that helped women and children in need. Her foundation also funds an orphanage in India.  

Another woman shared that she was able to set up a scholarship for kids at a local Christian school. 

What could you do if money was no object?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Rodan + Fields Creating a Blue Ocean?

4 Practices that Lead to "Greatness"